The Beacon-News: Old Copley bell a piece of Aurora history and sign of the times

Head over to The Beacon-News’ site to read Denise Crosby’s article on the Society’s “Signs of the Times” exhibit and the large blue and white “Ring of Truth” sign.

That blue and white Ring of Truth sign— a circle featuring a clenched hand ringing a bell — was the motto and logo of Copley Newspapers, founded in Aurora in 1905 by Col. Ira Copley, who was also a utility tycoon and politician, and who in 1928 merged his newspaper with the Aurora Beacon, the city’s first official paper.